Text

The home page shows the most recent blog entry. To explore the blog and for information on the MA Landscape Architecture course please click on the menus below. 'So you want to be a landscape architect?' recounts the highs and lows of my conversion year at Leeds Metropolitan. The Masters section is dedicated to my MA year on exchange in Sweden and back in Leeds.
Some of the contents pages above open up into new sites, such as my pintrest page.
If you are looking for my official work and portfolio as a Landscape Architecture student then please visit my website www. soniajackett. com

All below images are strictly copyright of © Sonia Jackett 2013.

Saturday 9 March 2013

Urban Green: Survey and Analysis


As part of the Urban Green Major Design Project we undertook a group Site Survey and Analysis of the Tetley Brewery Site….




















********************************************************************************

The research continues however....Food is the theme of my design – I’ve been looking at Productive Landscapes as proposed by Andre Viljoen and Katrin Bohn. For instance Shenyang University Campus. I’ve also become interested in Vertical Farming and have been reading books such as Food Urbanism by Jason Grimm. Projects like Leadenhall Street City Farm and documentaries such as Edible City: Grow the Revolution have been part of my research and inspiration.

I've been thinking about how the site could be used in terms of regenerating south Leeds,  for providing a cultural and attractive hub that people want to visit and at the same time working as a productive landscape and educating people about food. 
                                                                                      
Over the past two weeks we’ve been working on our sketch designs and master plans, so I’ll be updating the blog once I’ve finished it and scanned everything in! It’ll also have a bit about my design process and hopefully (if I manage to pull it off) some advice for those who feel out of their depth (like I do at this stage) with photoshop rendering and developing a masterplan. Watch this space!

No comments: